I had braces a teenager as most people did back then. But slowly but surely I wore my retainer less and less and my teeth began to move back to their original position. My teeth always were a huge insecurity of mine as long as I could remember so in August 2015 I bit the bullet and at 27 got fixed braces, again!!!!
Whether you are pro breastfeeding or anti breastfeeding it always remains the same- how much do you actually even know about it?
- The amount of breast milk a woman produces has no relation to the size of the woman’s breasts.
- Babies that are breastfed have a lower risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Every mothers milk has a different and unique smell and a baby can differentiate between their mothers milk and a different woman’s.
- A mothers milk is constantly changing depending on baby’s needs.
- Skin to Skin contact in the first few hours after birth helps a baby breastfeed. It helps encourage their natural instinct to latch. A mothers breast can also detect if baby’s temp fluctuates even one degree and will warm or cool breast milk as needed.
- Mothers can still breastfeed when they are sick, actually its amazing for baby because baby has already been exposed to the germs or virus and by the time mom is showing symptoms, baby is already receiving antibodies through her breast milk.
- Breastfeeding can burn the same amount of calories as walking seven miles!!
- Hormones released while breastfeeding actually sends signals to contract your uterus post baby, getting you pre baby tummy back in no time!
- Breast fed babies get sick much less..it reduces risks of stomach issues, gastroenteritis, ear infections, it reduces the risk of asthma, diabetes and childhood obesity.
lots of love,
This morning Noa and I had the pleasure of going to the Boots Ireland Parenting Club launch.
Boots Parenting Club is available to mothers of children under 3 and also expectant mothers. When you sign up, you give information about your due date and/or you toddlers date of birth and in turn you receive emails with tailored advise about your specific child and the stage they are at at the moment and special offers.
Another amazing thing about Boots Parenting Club is when you are a part of it you will receive 10 advantage card points for every euro you spend across the baby department. this excludes as usual formula for under 6 months and medicines. Which I think is just so amazing, for products that you are buying everyday anyway you are getting 10cent back for every euro you are spending.
Boots baby section is so extensive, if you get all the bits you are buying everywhere else in there instead together, think how much you could be saving.
A fun promo they are also doing for the launch of their Parenting Club is that for any baby born today boots are giving a €20 voucher for the first 300 applicants- just email the name of your newborn to email@example.com
So back to my morning, firstly it was so good to bring my 10 month old Noa with me. And the event was set up so well, so child friendly. There was loads of nibbles for mum and baby, tea and coffee and juices. Playmates on the floor and ball pits filled with balls that Noa was just loving! A clown doing face-painting and also crayons and pictures for the older kids to colour. Just set up so well and so relaxing for the mums that brought their little ones with them! They had samples off all products Boots have to offer which was great to see as I saw some products I never knew boots stocked. Noa was just loving Violet from leapfrog, that is definitely on our birthday list!
Aisling O’Loughlin gave a talk about her experiences as a mum. We also heard from Niamh O’Reilly from The Nursery and author of “No Fuss Baby & Toddler Sleep” she gave a great talk and was so helpful in helping mums with any sleep problems they’re having. A boots Pharmacist was also on hand to answer any questions.
This was my vert first blogger event and I was so delighted to be part of it. It was great to meet some other bloggers and mums. And the goodie box at the end was amazing!!
Cant wait for the next one!!
So who doesn’t love ice cream? Well nobody in my house that’s for sure! Kyle is 5 and would eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s a constant battle to try get his dinner into him before the dreaded bells of the ice cream man coming into our estate!! But let’s get one thing clear Chilly Moo is not ice cream it’s frozen yoghurt and for me that’s the best bit! A healthy alternative for my little ice cream fiend!!
First to review was my brutally honest 5 year old Kyle. With his love for ice cream I was a looking forward myself to see how this great alternative measured up. As soon as he tasted it, it was love “wow mom it tastes like a milkshake” were his exact words! Good enough for me. It was then my turn to try! Strawberry and Banana was our first choice and I have to say Kyle was right it was amazing. Like so good!! I have found with a couple of different brands of froyo that they can be quite watery and lose their real flavour. I have to say honestly, Chilly Moo isnt one of them, it is creamy, full of flavour and absolutely delicious.
So next was Noa Belle, let’s just say for a little girl that has never had ice cream or any form of frozen yoghurt before u have never seen anything like her!!! She was instantly addicted. If any of you saw my snap chat stories or video on my Instagram you can see she is loving from the get go..
I am not a morning person. Never have been, never will be. But having two little ones will definitely force you to be one. (Kicking and screaming for most) Noa wakes up at about 6 every morning and Kyle isn’t far behind her. As I am breastfeeding and co sleeping and sometimes feeding twice or three times during the night, my husband will get up with the kids and I can have an hour more sleep! Well that’s the plan anyway…
The uses for coconut oil are endless… google them! You will be amazed! But for this blog I will just outline the uses that I have experienced for coconut oil!
1. It helps to naturally clear up cold sores.
2.It can be used to treat a yeast infection.
3.A tablespoon taken when pregnant to help baby get fats needed for development.
4.To soothe sore nipples when breastfeeding.
5.To help prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
6. Great for an alternative to oil or butter in cooking, I use it for stir fry.
7.As a coffee creamer when emulsified into coffee, so good!
8. As I mentioned in my previous post its anti bacterial properties are amazing on the face to help with acne or breakouts! When used regularly it has been proven to help rid the skin of acne. Used in conjunction with a skin care regime it works wonders. Read mine here..https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDUQiBUwAg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fplus.google.com%2F101575042067293069218%2Fposts%2FFS5QZ3yaNmQ&ei=R1lgVdvXEqKa7gbzgoHYCw&usg=AFQjCNEPq1l8ZuwsxKP_3qYm9jsBZUupAg&sig2=dC1nUeENNffvTUteJKVZzA
9. All over the skin as a basic moisturiser.
10. Nappy Rash cream.
11. Eye make-up remover.
12. SPF4 sunscreen.
13.To help get rid of cradle cap.. massage into babies cradle cap and rinse in their bed time bath as normal.
14. Mix with equal parts brown sugar for an all over body exfoliator/scrub.
15. Massage oil.
16. On your lips as an effective lip balm.
17. Put directly onto perineum for relief and help healing after giving birth.
18. An amazing conditioner for your hair put on dry hair and then wash as normal.
19. Use on psoriasis or eczema on adults and children.
20. For breastfeeding moms take 3/4 tablespoons a day to boost milk supply.
21. Hubbys can use as a natural shaving cream or lotion.
22. Rubbed into the scalp it can stimulate hair growth.
23. As a natural lubricant, it doesn’t disturb vaginal flora. Doesn’t cause irritation.
24. Mix with equal parts salt to remove dead skin off the feet.
25. On its own for cracked heels.
26. As a natural baby lotion,
27. Can be used internally and externally to treat UTIs.
28. Rub on your cuticles to help nail growth.
29. Used externally on haemorrhoids.
30. Used internally in the ear can help speed up the healing of an ear infection.
If you suffer from acne or breakouts I cant stress how much I think that these few changes have helped me and definitely the coconut oil has made such a big difference. Try it! You wont be disappointed!